KHEAA-Alabama provides free college- and career-planning information to Alabama students. It is an outreach effort of the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), an agency of Kentucky state government. KHEAA was designated the guaranty agency for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) in Alabama in the mid-1990s. When FFELP was ended by Congress in 2010, KHEAA decided to continue providing free online resources to Alabamians. Because KHEAA is a state agency, the meetings of its board of directors and the board's committees are open to the public.
2022 Board Meeting Schedule
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of 10 voting members appointed by the Governor. In addition, the President of the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, President of the Council on Postsecondary Education, Secretary of the Finance and Administration Cabinet, Kentucky State Treasurer, and the Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Education serve as voting, ex officio members.
Our board members also serve on the boards of the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation (KHESLC), Kentucky's Affordable Prepaid Tuition (KAPT) program, and the Asset Resolution Corporation (ARC).
Appointed Board Members
- Megan C. Bailey
Warren County Public Schools
- Andrew Brennen
- Kentucky Student Voice Team
- Cathe Dykstra
CEO, Family Scholar House, Inc.
- John Dougherty, Jr.
- Finance and Audit Committee Chair
- Ellen Cartmell
- Program Manager
Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Dr. Carl P. Rollins
- Retired KHEAA/KHESLC CEO/Executive Director
- Greg Roush
- Program Committee Chair
Retired High School Principal
- Rita Smart
- Retired State Legislator
- David Son
- Leslie Combs
Retired State Legislator
Ex Officio Members
- 2021 Annual Report (3.12 MB)
- 2020 Annual Report (2.91 MB)
- 2019 Annual Report (7.74 MB)
- 2018 Annual Report (1.55 MB)
- 2017 Annual Report (3.43 MB)
- 2016 Annual Report (2.38 MB)
- Older versions of our annual reports are available by calling 502-329-7100 or emailing email@example.com.
Audited Financial Statements
- 2022 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (4.43 MB)
- 2021 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (3.99 MB)
- 2020 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (5.45 MB)
- 2019 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (2.12 MB)
- 2018 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (3.1 MB)
- 2017 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (447 KB)
- 2016 KHEAA Annual Audited Financial Statements (447 KB)
- Older versions of our audited financial statements are available by calling 502-696-7421 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.