This website will be unavailable from 1-5 pm, Sunday, May 16, 2021, due to maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Repayment Information


If you meet certain eligibility criteria, you may be entitled to defer principle payments on your student loans. You may request a deferment from your loan servicer if:

  • You're enrolled at an eligible school at least half-time.
  • You're seeking and unable to find full-time employment.
  • Your loan servicer determines that you're suffering an economic hardship.
  • You're studying in an approved graduate fellowship program.
  • You're studying in an approved rehabilitation training program for the disabled.
  • You're on active duty with the military during war, national emergency, or military operation.

If you borrowed your first student loan before July 1, 1993, other deferment options may be available to you. Contact your servicer.

It's very important that you continue to make payments on your loan until you're notified by your loan holder that your deferment has been approved.

Deferment Forms

The conditions for eligibility are detailed within the forms provided below: