Planning for College or Trade School


There are some things you can do before or during college that will give you a head start.

Dual credit courses are offered by colleges and let you earn both high school and college credit. Check with nearby colleges to see if they offer dual credit programs.

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs can earn you college credit while you're still in high school. Check with both your high school guidance counselor and the colleges you are interested in attending for more information.

Visit for more information about AP. For more information about IB, visit

The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®), which offers tests for many subjects taken during the first two years of college, lets you get credit for or get out of taking certain undergraduate courses. Visit for more information.